Tuesday 24 January 2017

#SLAYFestival 2017 #SLAYperience... Notable Quotes & Pictures!


What’s my story?
What is my brand message?
What differentiates me?
How can I build my brand?
How can I #SLAY, making lasting impressions?
These questions and more are such that begins to consume your thoughts after attending #SlayFestival.




 "The amazing concept of bringing women together, the power of networking and the opportunity to learn from those we admire and who are making lasting impact in their field and niched career path, sums up my understand for the awesome innovation of @SheLeadsAfrica by @AfuaOsei  & @Yasmin Osagie Bello."

-Vicky Ohaegbulam

#SLAYFestival 2017 Notable Quotes…

“Get the skill. Have the talents & have an eye for it.”
-Kemi Adetiba, Film Maker
“There’s no fast track. Know who you are. Prepare for it. Be who you are.”
-Mary Njoku, Iroko Tv
“You’re going to get different twist to the top.”
-Stephanie Busari, Head of @CNNAfrica Digital
“You can learn your way up.”
-Zainab Balogun, TV Host (www.zainabbalogun.com)


“My fears guide me. Don’t let your fears threaten your voice.”
-Toke Makinwa, Multi-media Personality (Author, On Becoming)
“I believe more in collaborations than partnerships.”
-Arese Ugwu, Founder, www.smartmoneyafrica.org (Author, The Smart Money Woman)


“It’s better to be culturally correct than trying to be this 21st century woman that doesn’t fit into the African space.” –Audu Maikori, www.chocolatecitygroup.com
“We need to have cultures that are assertive in moving the economy forward.”
-M.I Abaga, Musician
“Have a U.S.P…your unique selling point.”
-Rose Umane, Founder, www.bellanaija.com
“Experiential sponsorship is very engaging (it sticks).”
-Kabir Shagaya, CEO, Zippy Logistics
“When some people tell you NO, always find an angle that’ll take you back to get a YES!”
-Bukky Kabiri-White, Founder, Bobbi Talyor Company

All the learning didn’t happen without some fun in between

The Nkwobi Jollof Rice by #MaggiJollofRiceBar, was #Lit!




Listened to @funbimusic #LiveAtTheCointreauChillOutLounge.

On Networking

I met …

Dammie Alabi,
The Dammie Alabi Network
www.dammiealabi.com (Launch Date: February 2017)
Services- Space Design @spacedesignByDammiealabi.
                  Product Design @Pillowtalk9ja.
                  Lifestyle Design @Dammiealabi.

“I’m particularly interested in collaborating with you in the future.”

*I forgot to take a picture with her.

I also met…



Ukaegbu Adaku Fortune
Director, FG Event Managers
Services- Events Styling, Catering, Interior/Event Decoration, Bridal Makeovers, Rentals/Sales of Decoration Accessories, Training, Bulk SMS.
Telephone- 08024717107 07039110507 08028173768
Email- ukaegbuada@gmail.com
Instagram- @fortune_8

She was asked the DKCC.com favorite questions for #RealStories series…

DKCC.com: What did you study in school?
Fortune: Chemical Engineering.
DKCC.com: If you were to go back to redo your first degree, what course will you study?
Fortune: Nursing… because I am passionate about health.

More Pictures…













Which  quotes do you like the most?

Where you at the #SLAYFestival?

Let’s hear your thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment